License Status and Conditions
Lifestyle Corporation Limited (FSP727131 trading as Lifestyle Solutions) holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice.
Nature and scope of the financial advice given
Lifestyle Solutions provides advice to our clients about their life insurances, health insurance, house, car and contents insurance and Kiwisaver.
Our financial advisers provide financial advice in relation to KiwiSaver, life insurance and health insurance.
We only provide financial advice about products from certain providers:
- For life insurance, we work with five insurers: Partners Life, AIA, Fidelity Life, Asteron and CIGNA.
- For health insurance we work with three insurers: Partners Life, AIA and nib.
- For house, car contents we work with Style Cover and Tower Insurance
- For KiwiSaver: we provide advice on Generate and NZ Funds KiwiSaver products.
In providing you with financial advice, we will only consider existing term life, trauma, income protection and health insurance policies (if any). We will not provide advice on existing whole of life or endowment products, so you will need to consult a specialist if you would like advice on those products.
Fees, expenses and other amounts payable for our financial advice
Lifestyle Solutions does not charge fees, expenses or any other amount for the financial advice provided to its clients.
Conflicts of interest and incentives
Lifestyle Solutions and our financial advisers receive commissions from the providers on whose products we give financial advice (the insurers and KiwiSaver providers). If you decide to take out insurance or to take our KiwiSaver advice, the provider will pay a commission to Lifestyle Solutions and to your financial adviser. The amount of commission is based on the amount of the premium or the KiwiSaver balance.
From time to time, product providers may also reward us for the overall business we provide to them. They may give us tickets to sports events, hampers, or other incentives.
Dealer group receives override payment based on production and we receive a percentage of that back and we receive tools resources and training.
To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise the client’s interests above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made on the basis of the client’s goals and circumstances. All our financial advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest. We undertake a compliance audit, and a review of our compliance programme annually by a reputable compliance adviser.
Complaints handling and dispute resolutions
If you are not satisfied with our financial advice service in any way, you can make a complaint by emailing us at email@example.com, or by calling us on 0800 477 488. You can also write to us at: Lifestyle Solutions, PO Box 42090, Tower Junction Christchurch 8024.
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it following our internal complaints process:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints as quickly as practical. If we can’t we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint, and will aim to provide you with a realistic timeframe.
- We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint, and how we propose to do so.
If we can’t resolve your complaint, or you aren’t satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact our external dispute resolutions scheme (Financial Dispute Resolution Service (FDRS))
The (Financial Dispute Resolution Service (FDRS))provides a free, independent dispute resolutions service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint, if we haven’t been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
You can view their website: , contact them via email: , phone: , or write to them at:
Financial Dispute Resolutions Scheme
PO Box 2272,
Phone: 0508 337 337
Lifestyle Solutions, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice.
We are required to:
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests
- exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should, and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.
Lifestyle Corporation Limited (FSP727131) trading as Lifestyle Solutions) is the Financial Advice Provider.
You can contact us at:
Phone: 0800 477 488 or 021773925
Address: Level 1, 4 Ash Street, CBD, Christchurch 8011.